Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I AM A CHILD OF GOD - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS VIDEO!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Atonement

SO a friend posted a link on facebook abou this guy talking about the Atonement and i thought he described it in the best way I have ever heard.
I have read a few books on using the Atonement for spiritual purposes but how? How exactly do you use it...it almost just seem like such a big concept yet so simple really. And a lot of times I am pleading with the Lord for help I completely forget about using the Atonement to help me through so I thought that I would post what this guys says cause it makes so much sense, atleast to me it does:
(he's talking about his sturggle with cancer(but it applies to much much more!))
"After many days of this anxiety, I finally made a heartfelt appeal on my knees. I told God that I was fairly certain of the process for making His son’s atonement work for me in the expurgation of my sins, but that I was at a total loss as to how the atonement worked in the deliverance from the pain and sorrow and grief of every day heartaches and other illnesses of the soul that come, not because of sin or rebellion, but because of ... well, just because.

“I am unaware of any process to put into play here, Father. How is it accomplished? I’ve been taught that the atonement covers this sort of thing. But how? What do I do? What do I do?”

After a bit of consideration, I said, “Here’s what I think–I hope–will work. I’m going to take all this worry–this pain–this anxiety, all this fear and terror, and roll it all up into a ball and I’m going to toss it up to you. Will that work? Is that all I need to do? Because I don’t think I can get through another day like this. I’m kinda goin’ crazy here and I need to get rid of this stuff. So, here–here it is, take it. I’m tossing it as high as I can. Please catch it. It’s yours now.”

And I did it. I rolled it all up and threw it into the air. At least I pictured myself doing that. Then I took a deep breath and went to work.

And then it was as if a gentle rain followed me everywhere I went that day. The mud and muck of fear and uncertainty dissolved under that warm and friendly downpour slowly but persistently as the day went on. And by the time I went to bed that night my heart and my mind were calm and peaceful.

Turns out, Jesus is pretty good at a game of catch. But it’s a short game. He doesn’t toss the ball back."

No comments: